Seeking Cast for Meredith Wilson's The Music Man
A Staged Concert Performance: April 14 & 15, 2023
The Actor portraying Harold Hill will be a visiting guest artist.
Friday, October 14, 6-9 p.m.
Saturday, October 15, 10-3 p.m.
Room E-134 Santa Fe College
Sign-up sheet available at the venue one hour ahead.
• Marcellus Washburn — (20s-40s): Comic role, tenor, former con man, friend of Harold Hill, should have some dance ability. “Shipoopi!”
• Charlie Cowell — (30s-50s): Rival traveling salesman who tries to warn the town about Harold Hill. Pushy and self-centered.
• Marian Paroo — (20s-40s): Soprano, young leading lady, stuffy librarian concealing a soft and eager heart.
• Mrs. Paroo — Widowed Irish mother of Marian. Sweet and cheerful.
• Amaryllis — (9-12): Young piano student of Marian, shy, warm and doesn’t understand why Winthrop won't speak to her.
• Winthrop — (9-12): Marion's little brother, cute as a button, starts as an introvert then gains confidence and finds himself. Sings “Wells Fargo Wagon.”
• Ethel, Maud, Alma, Eulalie — (40s-60s): The self-appointed arbiters of taste and manners in town. “Pick a little, Peck a little.” Big personalities with a lot of gossip.
• Olin, Oliver, Jacey, Ewart — (40s-60s): The salesmen, school board and husbands to the ladies. Must sing as a Barbershop Quartet.
Please prepare a song from a classic American Musical and a short monologue in the style of the role you are interested in.
People interested in the singing Ensemble are welcome to come and audition.
Rehearsals begin Wednesday April 5, hours TBD.
Directed by Evan Pappas: Broadways’ Parade, My Favorite Year, A Chorus Line, winner Olivier Award, Helen Hayes Award, Artistic Director Argyle Theatre, Faculty Manhattan School of Music, and AMDA.
Musical Director Evans Haile: Maestro The Gainesville Orchestra; Executive Director of The York Theatre, NYC; General Director Opera, New Hampshire.